The first question is: What is localization? What does it mean to business?
“All politics is local,” is a famous phrase that reminds politicians that everything they do affects someone personally. In the age of the internet and global business, we can rephrase that to, “All business is local.”
As much as designs and items from other cultures can seem exotic and fun, some of the things we have today need to design for our needs and cultures. The most obvious of these are digital products. Mobile apps, software, websites, and anything else that can be transmitted digitally will struggle if it doesn’t adapt itself to the people who will be using it.
Localization means to change more than simply the language. Cultural references, the structures of the pages, and images should all be reviewed in light of a new culture. One of the places that are often forgotten is error pages, instructions and headers. Often, these things are not changed from their original language.
So why localized a piece of software, a website, or a mobile app?
- Familiarity breeds loyalty – It’s fine for Coca-Cola to be all over the world, but something like a mobile app needs to have a local flair. The language, colloquialisms, and images need to be adapted to your new audience when you…
- Open new markets – Very few products (Coca-Cola is one) are truly global. Chances are there are markets that your software, app, or service can still be introduced. Localization will open these new markets by creating products that seem like they were created locally, not on the other side of the planet. This will lead to…
- Higher customer satisfaction – Your customers want to feel that you are there for them. They want to know that they were who you had in mind when you made your software or app. This will make them feel great about your offerings and increase their satisfaction. This will also…
- Reduce risk of embarrassment – You don’t want to put out a soda pop that promises to bring back dead ancestors (Pepsi-cola did that in China). Mistakes like this are more than an embarrassment; millions are spent to enter a new market and if you have to start all over because you didn’t know that something you were doing was foolish, it can be painful. This will lead to…
- Reduced costs – Preparing things well for a new market can make it much more cost effective. The time spent preparing will be more than rewarded by more quality time actually selling in the market. It’s all about localizing your product to the new markets before you ever send your products in to be sold.
Localization services is not nearly as expensive or inconvenient as it seems. In fact, with the right subcontractor, the localization can be handled for you by people who live and work inside of the new market you looking to enter. Contact us now for more details and get your free quote.
Leveraging Contentech for Effective Localization: Enhancing Global Reach and Business Success
Contentech, a combination of content and technology, refers to the use of advanced tools and technologies to manage and distribute content effectively. When it comes to localization for businesses, contentech plays a crucial role in streamlining the localization process and ensuring a successful global expansion. Here are a few ways in which contentech can help in localization:
Centralized Content Management: Contentech platforms provide centralized content management systems, allowing businesses to store, organize, and update content in multiple languages. This enables easy access and efficient management of localized content, reducing redundancies and ensuring consistency across different markets.
Translation and Localization Automation: Contentech tools often come equipped with translation and localization automation features. These technologies leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence to automate the translation process, making it faster and more cost-effective. They can also assist with cultural adaptation, ensuring that the localized content resonates with the target audience.
Collaboration and Workflow Optimization: Contentech platforms facilitate collaboration among different stakeholders involved in the localization process. They provide features such as task management, version control, and real-time collaboration, enabling efficient workflow management and smooth coordination between teams spread across different locations.
Content Personalization: Localization is not just about translating content; it also involves adapting it to suit the preferences, cultural nuances, and local requirements of the target audience. Contentech platforms can help businesses personalize content by leveraging data analytics, user segmentation, and AI-driven personalization techniques. This enables businesses to deliver tailored experiences to customers in different markets.
Now, let’s discuss why localization is an important business strategy:
Expanding Global Reach: Localization allows businesses to expand their reach and tap into new markets. By adapting their products, services, and content to suit local preferences, businesses can connect with a broader customer base and increase their global presence.
Enhanced Customer Experience: Localization demonstrates a commitment to understanding and meeting the specific needs of local customers. When businesses provide content in the local language, incorporate cultural references, and address local preferences, they create a more personalized and engaging experience for customers. This, in turn, builds trust, loyalty, and customer satisfaction.
Competitive Advantage: In many industries, localized content sets businesses apart from their competitors. When a company invests in localization, it demonstrates a dedication to serving specific markets, gaining a competitive edge over those that rely solely on a one-size-fits-all approach.
Increased Revenue and ROI: Localization opens up new revenue streams by reaching untapped markets. Studies have shown that consumers are more likely to make a purchase when the content is presented in their native language. By investing in localization, businesses can increase conversions, drive sales, and generate a higher return on investment (ROI).
Brand Consistency and Reputation: Consistency in brand messaging and experience is crucial for building a strong brand reputation. Localization ensures that the brand’s values, tone, and messaging are conveyed accurately across different markets, strengthening brand consistency and reputation globally.
In summary, contentech tools and technologies streamline the localization process, making it more efficient and effective. Localization, as a business strategy, helps companies expand their global reach, enhance customer experience, gain a competitive advantage, increase revenue, and maintain brand consistency and reputation.